Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dancing Girl


Ever since her last dance class ended over a year ago Elizabeth has been begging me to sign her up for another dance class. I just plain forgot a year ago to sign her up for a fall session. Besides that I hadn't been very impressed with the dance class she had been in before and wanted to find a different class.

Well, we finally got her back into dance and she loves it! I love it too because she has to go by herself (no mommies or siblings allowed) and she is happy to go. After the struggle with swim lessons this summer I wasn't sure how it was going to be. When I told her mommy wasn't allowed in the class, she told me she didn't want to go. But after the first class, she got over her fear. Maybe Daddy telling her that it is a lot more fun without mommies helped.

It seems like a fun class. They teach the dance principles by telling the girls they are doing princess walks and princess twirls, saving a princess trapped in a castle, being a choo-choo train, etc. I love that she is using her imagination and learning about how her body moves all at the same time! Plus, I am excited that this is a progressive program teaching her stuff appropriate for her age and dance level. Thanks Melissa for helping us find this great community dance group!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the little pose in the second picture. That's adorable. How fun for her!

brooke said...

I can only hope that McKenzie wants to be a little dancer! So far, she dances like her dad. Its not looking good. Elizabeth is so beautiful. I love her pose too!

Sarah said...

I am totlly a fan of the black tutu. She looks darling, dance is one of those things that is a must for little girls!