Here are just a few of the funny bloopers and blunders that have happened since we have moved in.
The Case of the Overflowing Dishwasher
Coming from a home with no dishwasher, we were grateful to finally have one. We didn't bring any dishwasher soap with us, but I have an environmentally friendly laundry soap that I use that I read oodles of comments from people mentioning that they used it in their dishwasher and it worked great. They said they used 1 tablespoon. So, the first night in our house I had the dishwasher loaded with some dishes we had unpacked and thought I would give it a whirl. After about 30 minutes of the dishwasher going, I happened to walk into the kitchen and saw it spewing forth a plethora of bubbles and water. Apparently that soap wasn't going to work in our dishwasher, oops!
Raindrops are coming through my door
The day we moved in turned a little ugly around 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning, and the rain steadily increased over the next few hours. As my mom and I were unpacking boxes of food and dishes we were collecting the boxes of stuff I wasn't sure about in our mudroom. After the rain had been going for a while my mom took a box in and noticed a small pond of water by the door. It was closed and had been for quite some time. We started getting concerned that perhaps Steve's first order of business might have to be fixing or replacing the door, when we realized the storm door had not been closed during this time. We closed the storm door, mopped up the pond of water and prayed. Luckily no more torrents of water swept into the mudroom. Good thing too, because Steve had plenty of projects on his list already!
London Ladders Crashing Down
Since we moved in Steve has been steadily working away at a room in attic. He spent the first week after we moved in up there and traipsed through the renters house multiple times a day. He felt a bit awkward doing this and when he discovered he couldn't finish it all that week, he decided to just enter through the roof window via a ladder. This past Saturday night we had attended an Elders Quorum social at our neighbor's house. The wind really started picking up and so we moved the party inside. Not until we got home and saw Steve's extension ladder crashed into the side of the fence with a healthy chunk missing did we even consider what the outside commotion would mean for us. Oops, I guess that adds one more thing to Steve's list, fixing the fence!
Bare Bum = Poopy Floors
This morning I was changing Jared's diaper just before we headed out the door to take Elizabeth to the bus stop. I was trying to hurry and had already removed the pee wet diaper he was wearing when I realized that box of diapers I had just bought were with Dad at the train station. Oops! I spent a minute or two scrambling around looking for a spare diaper. I finally found one and hurried in to grab Jared and stick the diaper on him so we could go, when I noticed a little poo on the ground. I thought perhaps he had just started going so I thought I might be able to catch it. However, after a visual scan of the room I noticed a nice pile of poop right on the floor. Thank goodness for hardwood, that is all I can say!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Funny Happenings Around the Kettle's House
Posted by MK at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment